Sports injuries don’t have to keep you benched for as long as they once did. Regenerative therapy in Orlando can help your body heal faster with long-lasting results. In this article, we’ll discuss the benefits of regenerative medicine for athletes and what this kind of treatment might look like for you.
How is Regenerative Medicine Used to Treat Sports Injuries?
Regenerative medicine therapy is beneficial for sports injuries that aren’t likely to respond to traditional non-surgical treatments like rest and physical therapy. In the past, surgery was one of the leading recommendations for significant sports injuries, but surgery comes with many potential side effects.
Now there’s regenerative therapy, which uses non-invasive treatment options to support your body in repairing and restoring itself. This treatment relies on cellular therapies and tissue engineering, often as injections. With regenerative therapy, your body receives help in growing new tendons, cartilage tissue, and ligaments while decreasing inflammation that leads to pain.
What Are the Benefits of Regenerative Medicine for Athletes?
The most significant benefits of regenerative medicine for athletes include:
- Faster healing time
- No surgery, which means no prolonged recovery time
- Lower risk of adverse reactions
- Zero risk of scars
- Procedures are virtually painless and don’t require medications or general anesthesia
- Potentially strengthen the part of the body that was treated
What Types of Regenerative Treatments are Available for Sports Injuries?
There are many types of regenerative treatments available for sports injuries. At ViscoGen® in Orlando, we primarily focus on the following treatment options:
- Exosome Therapy: Exosomes are small vesicles that occur naturally in the body and provide significant growth factors, which are used for healing and restoring tissue damage. During treatment, these vesicles are injected into the injured area in a minimally invasive, nearly painless procedure.
- KneeVisc 5®: This treatment utilizes a series of injections that provide natural lubricant for your knee joints so they can move smoothly again. Our treatment reduces pain and inflammation, increases mobility, corrects the underlying cause, and strengthens the joint.
- JointVisc: This treatment is similar to KneeVisc 5®, but can be used anywhere in the body. The minimally invasive procedure produces relatively quick and long-lasting results for those with sports injuries or chronic joint pain.
- Class IV Laser Therapy: Treatment delivers therapeutic light at specific wavelengths to provide long-term healing effects. This treatment can reduce pain, accelerate healing, improve circulation, and decrease pain.
Learn More About Regenerative Therapy in Orlando Today
Regenerative medicine for athletes can help you heal from sports injuries faster so you can get back to doing what you love. If you’re ready to learn more about regenerative medicine therapy, contact ViscoGen® about our revolutionary treatment options, including their proprietary non-surgical knee pain program.